PATIENT’S & FAMILY RIGHTS
- To be treated with dignity, compassion and respect.
- To participate in decisions involving patients’ medical condition.
- To receive information and explanation about patient’s medical condition.
- To know the names and roles of patients’ healthcare providers.
- To be accorded confidentiality & privacy of patients’ medical records.
- To be informed of the mechanism to voice their grievances.
- To receive financial counseling & estimation of bills.
- To be informed of relevant hospital rules.
- To have the need for values, beliefs & religion to be given due consideration and attention.
- To be accorded privacy during clinical review, examination, procedure and treatment.
In Island Hospital Penang, the care of each and every patient is of utmost important to us.
We strive to provide considerate and respectful care.
We respect the rights of all our patients.
In return we ask that you cooperate with us and help us to help you.