In accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 and its regulations (PDPA) that came on force on 15th November 2013, which regulates the processing of personal data in commercial transactions, we give you notice as follows to ensure the accuracy of the data that we hold about you and to confirm your agreement to the processing of your Personal Data. We serve the rights t change this Privacy Statement from time to time consistent with applicable privacy laws.
Your name, designation, employer’s name/ company’s name, contact details, the name and contact details of your next of kin pursuant to the Conditions of Service signed by you (agreeable) by you or your next of kin or that you have given to the Hospital and your sensitive information including your health information. The above data obtained while you were being treated at the Hospital or the ancillary services within the domain and management of the Hospital, our loyalty programme and our customer loyalty schemes, customer feedbacks forms and other related channels.
We may use your Personal Data for the following purposes (‘Purposes’);
• Business administrative, operational and internal activities purposes to ensure smooth operations and delivery of the healthcare treatment available at our Hospital;
• To communicate with you;
• To provide and update you with information on any services available at the Hospital;
We may disclose your Personal Data to the following parties in accordance with the Hospital’s internal privacy policies:
• Our Agents, Independent Contractors including our Medical Consultants, Service Providers, Insurers, Third Party Administrators, Solicitors, Auditors, Debt •
• Collecting Agencies and/or Vendors (including those overseas) providing services related for the Purpose of which the Personal Data is collected;
• Within Island Healthcare Holdings Sdn Bhd Group of Companies;
• Third parties (including those overseas) who provide data processing services;
• Any person who is under a duty of confidentiality who has undertaken to keep such data confidential; and
• Any actual or proposed assignee, transferee, participant or sub-participant of the Hospital’s business.
We do not disclose your Personal Data to unaffiliated parties without your consent. However, we may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in good faith, if such action is necessary to (a) comply with any law enforcement agency requirements, court order or legal processes, or (b) protect and defend the rights or property to Island Healthcare Holdings Sdn Bhd Group of Companies.
To withdraw, access, update, correct, delete or limit the processing and use of any of your Personal Data, you will have to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If we fail to hear from you within 14 days from the date of this notice received by you, you are deemed to have given consent to use your personal date in accordance the Purposes stated herein particularly for business purposes.
This notice was published and becomes effective on 12th February 2014. We sincerely appreciate your support and trust in the Hospital and we hope it continues. Thank you.